Helicopter Rides in the Drakensberg
Westline Aviation are able to fly one of their helicopters down to the lodge, to take you on a thrilling flight over the Drankensberg.
- Westline Aviation operates from Dragon Peaks Mountain Resort in the Champagne valley, north of the Lodge, and is prepared to fly one of their helicopters down to the Lodge to take you on a thrilling flight over the Drakensberg.
- Arrange with our staff for a flight and as the helicopter has to fly down from Dragons Peaks, it will be cheaper per person the bigger the party flying.
- The Roberson R44 helicopter takes 3 passengers per flight and the Bell Jet Ranger takes 4 passengers.
- Depending on the weather, the flight will typically fly you from Silver Hill over the Berg for 20 minutes.
- If it can, it will land for about 25 minutes at Giants Castle and serve you champagne.
- Please ask at reception to arrange your flight as early as possible in your stay as the Drakensberg weather can be unpredictable.